Pause is a small development house looking for additional designers and developers to grow our team. These challenging full-time positions require excellent problem solving skills and proven commercial (real-world) experience.
We are looking for people who love what they do and share the same passion for technology and building solutions as we do. You should have a drive to devour information and personally improve your skill set and discipline. We're a small, rapidly growing, privately-owned company who makes providing a fun and comfortable work environment for our employees the top priority. We provide plenty of opportunity for growth both professionally and technically, and by working directly with the company's principals, your demonstration of exceptional growth, commitment, and achievement will be rewarded.
- Casual work environment
- Our office is a relaxed and fun place to work. Your value as an
employee is demonstrated by the excellent work you do, not the
suit you wear, or the TPS reports you file. Dress casual, be
comfortable, spend your time solving challenging problems and
writing great code.
- Easy transportation options
- Lots of free parking, a place to put your bike during the
day, and nearby a Go Station (train and bus) means an easy,
- Employee group benefits
- We want you healthy and relaxed when you're here. Dental,
prescription drugs, massage therapy and more for you and your
family is in our employee plan.
- Open collaborative work area
- There's a lot of great talent in this building, and we've
designed our office to take advantage of it. If you're struggling
on a difficult problem just call out for help and you'll get
plenty of ideas on how to solve it (or at least how to attack the
- Free food and drinks
- Chips, pop, coffee, tea, cereal, even some odd healthy things
like fruit! If we don't already stock what you want in our
kitchen, let us know and we'll make sure it's available for you.
- With a sufficient stockpile of foam darts. A shot across the
bow to get the attention of headphone wearing coworkers, or a
punishing barrage of fire at the person who authored the bug you
- Employee field trips
- Field trips are on us. Recent outings include movie premiers,
laser tag, go carts, and paintball. Have an idea of a fun group
activity? Let us know and we'll set it up!
- Project choice & variety
- We want to find projects you enjoy working on. In the unlikely
event that you're bored or dissatisfied with what you're doing,
let us know and we'll find you something you enjoy doing.
- App Fridays
- We try to reserve Fridays to work on projects of our own. We have
larger apps that require a group collective effort that promise to
be intellectually challenging and will stretch your capabilities. Or,
if you have an idea for a mobile or social app, pitch it to your coworkers,
build a team, code the app, and we'll
launch and promote it for you. If you choose to sell your app
we'll share the profits with you and your team. Some of the apps
recently launched by our employees include
Cow Pies & Aliens, and